Monday, June 8, 2015

The role of fortune

Original post:  November 22, 2011

I am lucky because I think I am.

In my life, I have often wondered about forks in the road. At certain junctures, the road has diverged. I know the path that I ended up taking led me to the point I am at today. I have no idea where that other road may have led; I only know that it is not where I am now.

I've been blessed to know many talented and wonderful colleagues. I've had mentors who have taken the time to nudge me in the proper directions and correct glaring faults. Over the years, I've been fortunate to have received many challenging roles that have kept life very interesting, indeed.

I am not afraid to admit that fortune plays such a prominent role in my life. I don't think it diminishes in any way the level of effort required to succeed. If anything, it makes me appreciate more the delicate line between positive and negative results.

In this week of contemplation, I am quite thankful for all that has passed and all that is to come.

One never really knows what the future will bring. All I know is that I will continue to forge ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment