Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die

Original post:  Jun 5, 2013

I failed yesterday.

I gave it my best shot. My target originally appeared to be headed down one path. It would work in the short term, but might lead to some long-term strategic disadvantages. There is another possibility. It is riskier, but it has the potential for much greater opportunity over the years. It also had the disadvantage of greater expense. I thought I had a solid, logical case. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to close the sale.

Still, sometimes you have to accept that you aren't always going to win. Sometimes you win when you don't succeed immediately. It forces you to try harder to figure out what went wrong and correct those deficiencies. Perhaps the best course of action for now is to allow the existing method to progress naturally while working behind the scenes to see if we can build greater support for the longer-term view.

You gotta get up and try, try, try....

No comments:

Post a Comment