Monday, June 8, 2015

An unusual present for mom

Original post:  Sep 20, 2012

As I waited for my flight home, I overheard the most interesting conversation.

A young man was on his way back to the Boston area. Random strangers were trading stories about their plans for their stay in New England. The young man said that he planned to get a tattoo. He explained that his mother’s birthday was coming up and that she had recently complained about how all of her children had moved away now that they were grown. In her honor, he was going to get a tattoo of her!

The woman sitting across from him asked, “Does she like tattoos?”

“Actually,” the young man replied, “she hates them. She threatened to kill us if we ever got one. That’s part of the reason why I’m doing this!”

“All those years I was growing up, she was on my back. Now, she will really be on my back!”

No comments:

Post a Comment