Monday, June 8, 2015

Cooking in someone else's kitchen

Original post:  Apr. 30, 2012

NOTE:  This post was after recent changes to the underlying technology for PulseConnect.

The new PulseConnect reminds me of cooking in someone else's kitchen. Everything works as it should. The basic items are always there--the stove, the refrigerator, the sink. What makes it challenging is trying to find the cookware or the utensils or the plates. Whenever you are at someone else's house, they have their own method for storage. It always makes sense--to them. For someone who lives that way every day, they find everything they need quickly and easily. For a guest, it often takes some trial and error to figure out the logic.

I have no doubt that in a few days I will be able to navigate quite well. I will even learn about the many features and functions that did not exist in the previous version and I'm sure they will be most helpful. That said, I am also certain that these next few days will take me just a bit longer to find what I know is there. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment