Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Restless

For the past few nights, it's been hard for me to sleep. I will close my eyes and I lose track of time. After a period, I find myself awake. I look at the clock and it's only been an hour or two.

Once I am up, my mind starts sprinting. It races from one idea to the next. I try to calm it down, but I keep on thrashing away. It may take thirty minutes to an hour until I slowly drift off. Of late, the process will repeat two or three more times.

I know that part of my problem is from this conference. In order to keep concentration and network relentlessly through the day, you must keep an extraordinary amount of focus. By the end of the day, I am just mentally bankrupt. Add exotic foods, strange beds and too much alcohol and you have a pretty nasty mix.

I have to get up at three AM to make the flight tomorrow. I am headed to bed now at a quarter to ten. Here's hoping round one lasts past midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment