Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Truth hurts

Original post:  Dec 14, 2015

During the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's traditional for the houses on my block to light their houses with elaborate displays. Some have simple candles in each window. Others have strings white lights wrapped around poles or lining the sides of the houses. Still others have multiple colors in their trees and bushes and all kinds of other attractions.

We've been quite busy the past few weekends, so our house had not yet been decorated. As I was in the yard, our neighbor from across the street came rolling by. The four-year-old pedaled her Big Wheel up to me and said, "My mommy said your house looks sad."

I could only laugh because I had to agree with her!

Children do say the darndest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment