Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore


I'm on a business trip in Arkansas. At first, I didn't notice much of a change. The airport seemed relatively new and modern. It only had a handful of gates, so I wasn't surprised when I had to get a key from the counter for the rental car. It was only once I pulled away from the airport exit that I began to notice the changes.

The car radio was tuned to classic rock. I usually prefer to listen to news. As I scrolled through the FM dial, I noticed that there were no less than six gospel stations either preaching or playing Christian rock. I even caught this snippet of conversation:

Host 1:  Who is the person you should love the most?
Host 2:  Your spouse?
Host 1:  No, it's God!
Host 2:  Trick question!

As I rolled through the countryside, I passed a number of RV parks. I was also looking for a gas station so that I could refill the rental car upon my return. Sadly, a number of them were closed or for sale. One of them still had signs with prices over $3 per gallon, so it must have been vacant for a while. Then I saw this:

I guess the price of oil has fallen a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment